ESSAY & ARTWORK CONTEST GUIDELINES
4th Grade Students can win Visa Gift Card or check of $250, $150, $50 respectively
The objective of the contest is to promote ethics among children using the "Six Pillars of Character," to encourage students to improve their writing and drawing skills, to create public awareness in the achievement of students and to create an opportunity for local FCE members to participate in a nationwide project and to promote and market FCE to the community during FCE week.
Any current fourth grade student attending a public, private or home school is eligible to participate in the FCE Essay and Artwork Contest.
The contest encourages students to strive for excellence in:
- Reading and writing skills
- Drawing skills
- Understanding the CHARACTER COUNTS! program
Dates for contest: September 1 - March 31, with promotion announced during National FCE Week (Second full week in October)
- Entries are to include an essay and a hand drawn picture.
- Use #2 lead pencil drawing on 8 ½" X 11" unlined white paper.
- The essay should be a minimum of 50 words explaining the drawing, handwritten or printed on lined 8 ½" by 11" notebook paper.
- Entry must be signed by the student.
- Attach signed permission form from parent or guardian to the entry.
- Submit all entries for judging by April 15th.
National FCE CHARACTER COUNTS! Essay & Artwork Contest
National FCE Headquarters
73 Cavalier Blvd Ste 106
Florence, KY 41042
First place entry will be submitted to State Contest, with first place State winner forwarded to National FCE Headquarters for judging. The same judging criteria of creativity, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, content, vocabulary, presentation and handwriting/ printing are used on all levels.
First, second and third place National Winners of the Essay and Artwork Contest receive Visa Gift Card or check of $250, $150, $50 respectively. The winners will be announced at the National FCE Conference.
We encourage you to promote the contest with 4th grade students. Please visit our Forms page to print the guidelines and obtain the needed forms to leave at your local school and give to the parents.
Contact State and County FCE Presidents for more information, or call National FCE Headquarters at 877-712-4477.